This page is going to have brief but thorough information about each individual essential oil. There will also be a few uses following each oil’s description.I will add to this every week until I have every essential oil there is available. I hope you find this page very useful.
This oil has a spicy scent to it like Clove and Cinnamon oils. It is a very strong aromatic oil which can irritate the nasal membranes if too much is used in a diffuser. If using it for topical use, make sure to dilute it quite a bit.
- oil typically comes from the berries
- known to be like an aphrodisiac
- a spicy, warm oil
- is known to have been used for arthritis, depression, and some respiratory issues.
- Diffuse 2 drops along with 4 drops of Sweet Orange to aid in the effects of depression.
- Diffuse 2 drops along with 2 drops of Ylang Ylang for a sweet and romantic aroma
This oil originally came from the middle east. Also known as anise and sweet cumin.
- oil comes from the plant’s seeds and dried fruit
- smells like licorice
- can be used in a diffuser or vaporizer
- good for soothing in indigestion
- can aid in breathing illnesses
4 drops of Sweet Orange essential oil and 2 drops of Aniseed oil to a diffuser to aid with breathing is sues.
These mainly known as trees but there are also smaller shrubbery style arbovitaes as well. They are from the cypress family.
- oil comes from the wood of the tree
- known to have an instrument that makes it powerful to use for cleaning.
- a grounding oil
- it repels insects naturally
- When outside during the warm weather, diffuse it to help keep insects away.
- Furniture Polish recipe found at: http://www.sustainablebabysteps.com
4 drops of Arbovitae essential oil and 2 drops of Lemon essential oil to help preserve and polish wood.
A light and peppery oil that originally came from southern Asia and the Pacific Islands.
- oil comes from the plant’s leaves and flowers
- can aid in the treatment of headaches
- can be used in a vaporizer
- May act as a sedative
- Add a few drops to 1 tsp. of a carrier oil for topical application of minor skin irritations.
- Add 2 drops along with 2 drops of Bergamot essential oil to diffuser to sharpen focus.